Haitao Yin is a professor at the Department of Economics, Antai College of Economics and Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
He is currently serving as a Vice Dean for International Outreach.
University of Pennsylvania, USA Ph.D. and M.A. in Applied Economics and Managerial Science, Business and Public Policy Department, The Wharton School, 2006 Peking University, China M.A. in Public Administration, School of Government, 2001 B.A. in Law, School of Government, 1998 B.A. in Economics, China Center for Economic Research (CCER), 1998
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Full Professor of Antai College of Economics and Management, 2017-present
Associate Professor of Antai College of Economics and Management, 2010-2017
Assistant Professor of Antai College of Economics and Management, 2009-2010 University of Michigan, USA Faculty Affiliate of Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, 2009-present Lecturer, College of Literature, Science and Arts, 2007-2009 Postdoctoral Research Fellow of Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, 2006-2009
HONORS & AWARDS
2013 National Natural Science Foundation for The Excellent Youth Scholars in China 2012 Top Youth Talent Support Plan, Organization Department of the CPC Central Committee. New Century Excellent Talent Support Plan, Ministry of Education of China. Hongxun Ling Excellent Faculty Award, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. 2011 Best Paper Award, Society for Risk Analysis, USA. SMC Morning Star Excellent Young Faculty, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. 2010 Shanghai Pujiang Talent Program, Shanghai, China. Excellent Paper in Social Science, Shanghai, China. 2008. Best Dissertation Award, Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management, USA. 2006 Russell Ackoff Award, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Reviewers for Journals Journal of Economics and Management Strategy，2007-; Environment and Development Economics，2008-; Southern Economic Journal，2008- Energy Economics, 2010- Energy Policy, 2010- Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2011- Environmental and Resource Economics, 2011-
Environmental Economics and Policy； Energy Economics and Policy
1. Sun, Junxiu, Feng Wang, Haitao Yin, Bing Zhang. 2019. “Money Talks: The Environmental Impact of China’s Green Credit Policy”, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 38(3):653-680.
3. Lyon, Tom, Haitao Yin, Allen Blackman, Kris Wernstedt (2017). “Voluntary Cleanup Programs for Brownfield Sties: A Theoretical Analysis” Environmental and Resource Economics 6:1-26.
4. Kim, Nahyun, Jon J. Moon, and Haitao Yin (2016) “Environmental Pressure and the Performance of Foreign Firms in an Emerging Economy.” Journal of Business Ethics: 137(3):475-490.
5. Lin, L., Moon, J.J. and Yin, Haitao (2014). “Does International Economic Integration Lead to a Cleaner Production in China?” Production and Operation Management 23(4): 525-536.
6. Yin, Haitao, Howard Kunreuther and Matthew White (2011), “Risk-based Pricing and Risk-Reducing Effort: Does the Private Insurance Market Reduce Environmental Accidents?”, Journal of Law and Economics, 54 (2):325-363 (APPAM Best Dissertation Award).
7. Yin, Haitao, Alexander Pfaff and Howard Kunreuther (2011), “Can Environmental Insurance Succeed Where Other Strategies Fail? The Case of Underground Storage Tanks”, Risk Analysis 31(1):12-24 (Society for Risk Analysis Best Paper Avard).
8. Yin, Haitao and Nicholas Powers (2010), “Do State Renewable Portfolio Standards Promote In-state Renewable Generation”, Energy Policy 38(2):1140-1149.
9. Lyon, Thomas and Haitao Yin (2010), “Why Do States Adopt Renewable Portfolio Standards?: An Empirical Investigation”, the Energy Journal 31(3): 159-183.
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECTS Principal Investigator Environmental Information Management and Policy, National Natural Science Foundation of China. 2014-2017. Principal Investigator Consumers Willingness to Pay for Eco-label and Its Determinants;, National Natural Science Foundation of China.2013-2015. Principal Investigator, “Protect the Environment through informing customers in China”, the WorldFish and Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), 2013- 2014. Principal Investigator, How to Build a Clean Energy Vehicles Market: An Analysis from Consumer Perspective, Ministry of Education of China., 2011-2013.
Environmental Economics (Undergraduate Level) Environmental and Energy Policy (Doctoral Level) Applied Statistics (Undergraduate Level) Management of Technology and Innovation (Undergraduate Level) Global Enterprises and Sustainable Development (Undergraduate Level)