- Faculty & Research
- Department:Management Science
- Phone:+86 (0)21 52309368
Shaoxuan Liu is a Professor of Management at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Professor Liu has been the Associate Dean of Antai College of Economics and Management since May 2019 and the Executive Dean of SJTU-BOC Institute of Technology & Finance since February 2022. Previously, from 2015 to 2016, he was the deputy director of the Division of Liberal Arts of Shanghai Jiao Tong University. From 2016 to 2019, he served as the founding Dean and professor of Ningbo China Institute for Supply Chain Innovation, an educational and research institute that is jointly established by MIT and the Ningbo municipal government.
Professor Liu received his Ph.D. in management from the University of California, Irvine, B.S. in applied mathematics from Sun Yat-sen University. He was a visiting scholar at the MIT in 2010 and 2013. His research areas are operations and supply chain management, supply chain finance, operations strategy, digital transformation and innovation, and transportation policy. Professor Liu has published over 20 research articles in major academic journals including Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, INFORMS Journal on Computing, IISE Transactions, and European Journal of Operations Research. He teaches Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Operations Strategy for both undergraduate and graduate students. Professor Liu has won several teaching awards including first prize teaching award of Shanghai Municipal Education Commission and first prize teaching award of SJTU. In recent years, he has presided more than 10 scientific research projects, including the National Natural Science Foundation Fund (NSFC) projects, the Ministry of Education Fund projects and many industry fund projects. He sits on the advisory board of many organizations such as the deputy director of the advisory committee for MBA education in Shanghai, steering committee member of WCTRS etc. He serves as a reviewer for premier academic journals such as Manufacturing & Service Operations Management and Production and Operations Management. He also serves as a reviewer for the NSFC and the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong. Over the years, he has provided consulting and training services to a large number of enterprises such as Dell, Apple, Amazon, SAIC, Cisco, Honeywell, Esquel and Nike.
1. Zhu F., S. Liu, R. Wang and Z. Wang, "Assign-to-Seat: Dynamic Capacity Control for Selling High-Speed Train Tickets" Forthcoming 2022 at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
2. Gao Y., S.Liu, B. Shen and Y. Tan. "Social Pricing of Luxury Products in a Distribution Channel" Forthcoming 2022 at Production and Operations Management
3. Li B. and S. Liu. "When to Swing into High Gear? A Time-Limit Approach to Problem Escalation" Forthcoming 2022 at IISE Transactions
4. Zhong Y., S. Liu, J. Luo and J. Hong. “Speeding Up Paulson's Procedure for Large-Scale Problems Using Parallel Computing” INFORMS Journal on Computing. 2022 34(1) p. 586-606
5. Liu S., R. So, and W. Zhao. “Direct Supply Base Reduction in a Decentralized Assembly System with Suppliers of Varying Market Power” IISE Transactions. 2022 Volume 54(6) p. 590-602
6. Jin H., S. Liu, R. So and K. Wang. “Dynamic Incentive Schemes for Managing Dockless Bike-Sharing Systems” Transportation Research Part C. 2022 Volume 136, 103527
7. Z, Shi and S. Liu. “Optimal Inventory Control and Design Refresh Selection for Managing Part Obsolescence” European Journal of Operational Research 2020 Volume 287, Issue 1, Pages 133-144
8. Fu X., Z. Lei, S. Liu, K. Wang and J. Yan. “On-Time Performance Policy in the Chinese Aviation Market - An innovation or disruption?” Transport Policy 2020, Volume 95, Pages A14-A23
9. Shi Z. , B. Li and S. Liu. “Supply Process Improvement Decisions for a Newsvendor with Random Capacity” Computer and Industrial Engineering 2020 Volume 141, 106289
10. Orji I. and S. Liu. “A dynamic perspective on the key drivers of innovation-led lean approaches to achieve sustainability in manufacturing supply chain”. International Journal of Production Economics. 2020 Volume 219, p480-496
11. Wu R., S. Liu and Z. Shi. “Algorithm for Initial Sample Size in Fully Sequential Ranking and Selection Procedure” Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research 2020 Vol. No.03, 2050015
12. Wu, R., S. Liu, and Z. Shi. “Customer Incentive Rebalancing Plan in Free-Float Bike-Sharing System with Limited Information”. Sustainability 2019 no. 11: 3088.
13. Shi, Z., S. Liu and R. Wu. “Incentive Design with Customer Satisfaction for Business Process Outsourcing: Multi-task vs. Multi-agent”. 2019 Forthcoming at RAIRO-Operations Research
14. Fu, X. , H. Jin, S. Liu, T. Oum and J. Yan. “Exploring network effects of point-to-point networks: An investigation of the spatial pattrns of Southwest Airlines’ network” Transport Policy 2019 Vol. 76, p.36-45
15. Liu, S. and T. Oum. “Prospects for air policy liberalization in China as a Result of China-ASEAN Open Skies: Changing role of Chinese mega carriers in global scene and anticipated Low Cost Carrier competition” Transport Policy. 2018 Vol. 72, p.A1-A9
16. Wu R., S. Liu and J. Luo. “Adaptive sampling rule for ranking-and-selection problem”. 2017 13th IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE)
17. Fu X., M. Dong, S. Liu and G. Han. “Trust Based Decisions in Supply Chains with An Agent”. Decision Support Systems. 2016 Vol. 82, 2016, p.35-46
18. Han G., M. Dong and S. Liu. “Yield and allocation management in a continuous make-to-stock system with demand upgrade substitution”. International Journal of Production Economics. 2014 156:124-131.
19. Wu Y., M. Dong, T. Fan and S. Liu. “Performance evaluation of supply chain networks with assembly structure under system disruptions”. Computer & Operations Research. 2012 vol. 39 issue 12. p.3229-3243.
20. Liu, S., So, K. and Zhang F. “Effects of Supply Reliability in a Retail Setting with Joint Marketing and Inventory Decisions” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. 2010 Vol. 12, NO.1, 19-32.