SJTU 2010 EMBA Entry Requirements
EMBA Office 2009-10-30
1.Introduction of the University and ACEM
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), directly subordinate to the Ministry of Education, is a key university in China, jointly run by the Ministry and Shanghai Municipality. SJTU has developed into a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationally famous university. On July 18th 2005, the union of Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Shanghai Second Medical University formed a new Shanghai Jiao Tong University. The enrollment of candidates for Master’s Degree amounts to 13600, among which over 4700 are candidates for Doctor’s Degree. SJTU has become a major base for the incubation of high-level talents in China.
Antai College of Economics and Management (ACEM), which was founded in 1918, is one of the earliest management schools in China that offer the courses of management. ACEM has obtained the membership of Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools (AAPBS) and EMBA Council, and has passed the feasibility authentication of EQUIS Accreditation.
ACEM makes efforts to nurture senior management staff and modern corporate leaders with innovation, globalized insight, international competence and profound knowledge of the situation of China. The EMBA (Executive Master of Business Administration) program of ACEM has been approved by the Academic Degree Committee of the State Council. With wonderful environment, experienced professors, advanced teaching facilities, favorable studying atmosphere and an open and international-oriented concept of running a college, ACEM is sure to be the incubator of those with ambitions to promote their careers.
2.Objective of the Program:
EMBA (Executive Master of Business Administration) is a graduate degree education targeting at the senior managerial staffs in enterprises and businesses or government administration departments. The EMBA program of SJTU is specially designed for the senior managers to help them broaden their horizons, enrich the knowledge in management, promote leadership, establish and expand the inter-personal relationship and business network, acquire modern enterprise management theories and approaches for decision-making, as well as the latest’s development of international economics and technologies, get in-depth knowledge of international and domestic business operations, acquire the capability and knowledge required for setting enterprise development strategies
The object of the EMBA program is “Globalization, Leadership, Strategy and Solution.” With the combination of theories and practice, the comprehensive, integration and solution-oriented education mode, as well as the knowledge hierarchy which targets to the knowledge, market and problem, the program cultivates senior management talents with global views, strategic thoughts and sense of social responsibility, who will promote the process for Chinese enterprises developing from good to great, and increase the global competence of the enterprises.
During the past, ACEM of SJTU has been awarded several prizes for its EMBA program in “the best leading EMBA program in China”. Many graduates have been awarded as “Honor Graduates”, “EMBA of the Time”. SJTU is the university with most prize winners.
vice president of CNOOC
China EMBA Honor Graduate 2007;
Shanghai Film Group Corporation, CEO
China EMBA Honor Graduate 2006
Shanghai New Word Corporation Limited, Vice Board Chairman, President
President of the EMBA Alumni Association of SJTU, EMBA of the Time 2007
China Longgong, Board Member, CEO and President
China EMBA Honor Graduate 2007
The teaching expertise of EMBA is formed on the base of the outstanding SJTU professors, united with excellent expertise from Columbia University, Washington University, University of Southern California, University of South Carolina, GE, Dell and International Institute for Management Development. With not only accomplishments in studies, but also deep insights of management theories and abundant practice experience, they will bring the students modern management theories and strategic thoughts combined with Chinese management practice, which formed the feature of the EMBA program of ACEM, SJTU.
Wang Fanghua, Professor, Doctorate Supervisor.
Dean of the Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Deputy Director of the Chinese Market Association, Committee Member of the National MBA Education Committee. Chief editor of Shanghai Management Science.
Research area: 1.Marketing; 2. Strategic Management.3.Theory of Enterprise Development.
Xu Fei, Professor, Doctorate Supervisor, Ph.D.
Assistant President of Shanghai Jiao Tong University; Secretary General of CPC and Executive Dean of Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Research area: 1.Strategic Management 2.Organization behavior 3.Game Theory and System Complexity.
Chen Fangruo, Professor, Doctorate Supervisor,
Ph.D.Dean of the Management School of ACEM, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Research area: the design of cost-effective and easily implementable replenishment strategies, supply chain information sharing and coordination and the marketing-operations interface
Paul Ingram, PhD, Professor of Columbia Business School, Columbia University, PhD (Cornell University).
Research area: Organization Behavior.
William D. Bradford, Endowed Professor of Business and Economic Development, Professor of Finance and Business Economics, University of Washington, Seattle, USA, Ph.D. (Ohio State University).
Research area: Managerial Finance, Entrepreneurial Finance, Small Business Financial Management, Financial Markets and Institutions.
Fan Gang, Ph.D, Professor of Chinese Academy Of Social Science, General Secretary of China Reform Foundation, director of National Economic Institute (China).
Research area: Economy.
Meng Xianzhong, Professor, Doctorate Supervisor, Ph.D.,
Director of the Strategy Research Institute of ACEM, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Economic Consultant for Jilin government.
Research area: 1.Enterprises Management; 2.Strategic study of Regional Economic Development.
The curriculum of EMBA program of SJTU is systemic and practical, covering different fields of management science. Compared with MBA program, EMBA program attaches great attention to integrity and decision-making. It focuses more on the international competitive environment and closely combination with real practices.
The curriculum of Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s EMBA program consists of 4 modules: Tool Courses, Elementary Management Courses, Practical Management Courses, and Concentration Courses, and 3 integrity projects: company’s profitable modes, company’s performance improvement and company’s strategy planning. We have concentrations as “comprehensive management”, “finance management”, “logistics management”, “real estate management” and “AEMBA” (jointly run by Antai and Euromed Marseille Ecole de Management, offers dual-degree).
· College degree or above;
· 8 or over 8 years’ working experience, and 5 or more than 5 years’ experience in management position.
· According to the current announcement from Academic Degree Committee of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, the EMBA program of SJTU can enroll less than 10% excellent senior managers or entrepreneurs who have college degree in each year.
· The applicant can come to the EMBA office of ACEM for the “Shanghai Jiao Tong University EMBA Pre-application Form”.
· The applicant can fill out the application information online; the web site is www.acem.sjtu.edu.cn, or www.gschool.sjtu.edu.cn.
· The applicants should submit the original and the copy of academic qualification, degree with the “Shanghai Jiao Tong University EMBA Pre-application Form”.
· Application Fee: 800 RMB for applicants.
(3)Enrollment and Admission Time
· Totally enrollment of EMBA is 300 people.
· Admission time of spring semester: May, 2010.
(4)Entrance Exam and Admission
· Take part in the EMBA matriculation exam which includes written exam (comprehensive quality test) and interview. Decision for successful application will be based on the scores of the written and oral exam, while the learning ability, career achievements, leadership skills, and individual potential will also be taken into consideration.
· Applicants who passed the preliminary examination of qualification and the entrance exam can be admitted, and admission letters as SJTU EBMA graduates will be sent.
· In addition to the above exams, applicants of AEMBA need to attend the interviews arranged by Euromed Marseille Ecole de Management.
(5)Educational System and Tuition Fee
· The courses will last 2 years (part-time courses), offered collectively on four days, from Thursday to Sunday, each month.
· The program tuition is RMB 338,000 . Expenses for lectures, books, materials, translation, usage of resource (computer, library), dissertation defense and refreshment are all included. But the accommodation and transportation for participants and the expenses for their overseas classes are not included. 35,800 € (all formats) for AEMBA program. This includes fees for tuition and travel, exclusive of international flight and accommodation in France.
Approved by the Degree Administration Committee of the State Council, after successfully completing the courses and passing the defense of thesis, each student will be granted the degree of Executive Master of Business Administration Shanghai Jiao Tong University. The degree is acknowledged by relevant state authority.
Candidates for AEMBA can be granted the degree of EMBA of Euromed Marseille Ecole de Management, after successfully completing the courses and passing the defense of thesis.
8. ACEM of SJTU became the TOP50 management school around world
· Ranking 41 for the MBA list of 2008 released by “Financial Times”!
· The EMBA program of SJTU was awarded “The Best Performance of China’s EMBA 2009” in Hurun’s Report of “Preferred Brands of China’s Richest”.
· The EMBA of SJTU ranks 1st comprehensively for “The Best Leading EMBA Program in China 2007”. Meanwhile, four students were “China EMBA Honor Graduate”, and SJTU has the most awarded students.
· The EMBA program ranked 2nd in “The Best Performance of China’s EMBA 2006”, and ranked 1st in “Wealth Increment” item.
· The EMBA program ranked 2nd in “The Best Performance of China’s EMBA 2005”, and ranked 1st in “Interpersonal Relationship Increment” item.
· Awarded “The Best EMBA Education Institution of China” in 2004.
Tags:business school Shanghai,mba programs in China